With a sudden infestation of fruit flyesque bugs, I traced them back to a spot in the ceiling of our master bedroom. This particular spot had prior water damage, however I had been hoping that the problem had been repaired. As it turns out, the majority of the plywood substrate is rotted out in the ceiling.
Directly above our bedroom is a deck. A deck that has seen better days. I started pulling off the decking to inspect what was going on, and as I had guessed there was a repair in the rubber membrane underneath. It doesn’t appear to a major leak of any kind, however there is condensation up in the ceiling so it looks like we’ve found our next project. I think we’ll kick this off in a couple weeks.